Here you will find information about Science at Stubbins Primary School.
Our Science Leader is Mrs Bruce.
Welcome to the Science area of our website.
If you wish to try some Science activities at home on a reguar basis I have uploaded several activities below. Each activity has a different focus and theme.
We would love to see and hear about your Science work. Feel free to email your investigations and share them with your teacher in class.
SCIENCE WEEK 2020
This year the Theme is: Our Diverse Planet
As in previous years, a Science Fair will be held on Thursday 12th March. Children are encouraged to complete an individual or group project that can be show cased to their class and to the school during the Science Fair.
National Poster Competition.
Why not see if your child/ren can make a poster about a world record that celebrates ‘Our diverse planet’?
They might create a poster with their friends.
The poster might be about:
- Record breaking animals or plants.
- It could be about our diverse planet focussing on temperature extremes.
- Perhaps children might research a country with the most diverse climate.
- Different structures in the world – natural/ man made.
- Investigate accidental discoveries – who has discovered new Science/ Engineering (STEM) - who has discovered/ created things and their age and sex. Recognise that STEM discoveries can be found by all ages of people – boys or girls.
The prize is yet to be confirmed.
More details can be found at:
We have great fun during Science week in 2019. Take a look at some our our pictures.