Sports Premium Allocations
Stubbins School Sports Premium Policy
Physical Education and School sports is an area where all pupils can enjoy and achieve, building a platform for life long physical activity in an environment where all our pupils can succeed and thrive.
Our school receives a Sports Premium Grant. We will ensure targeted and strategic use of the Primary School Sport Premium Funding to support us in achieving and sustaining our vision for Physical Education and the vision of the school.
The purpose of this funding is to ensure improvement in the quality of sport and PE provision for all children. (Department for Education, March 2013).
We will ensure that our school's Physical Education provision addresses the needs of all of pupils, including those who belong to disadvantaged, vulnerable and gifted groups. We will ensure that the vision gives opportunities for all children regardless of gender, age, ability or ethnic background.
- To increase pupil participation in extended school sports activities.
- To ensure more pupils are being physically active.
- To continually improve the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
- To raise children’s self-belief and self-worth through celebrating success for all.
Our Primary School Sports funding has been allocated following a whole school review and as part of the School Improvement Plan. Looking at needs analysis we have identify priority classes, groups and individuals. In order to address any (identified) areas of need, this funding may be used across particular classes, key stages and for whole school use.
The range of Provision that we will use at Stubbins Primary School could include:
- Opening up opportunities for school representation in a variety of physical activities
- Use of dedicated specialist Physical Education teacher
- Whole school and Key Stage sports competitions.
- Focused teaching working with target groups of children who are reluctant to engage in sport
- Transport provision to support achievement of the aims of the policy
- High quality staff continued professional development
- Cover release for professional development
- Specialist sports coach expertise
- Lunchtime activity provision
- Further develop out of hours learning
- Involvement in sports competitions and festivals.
All our work will be aimed at increasing attainment, increasing participation, improving pupil confidence, developing skills, developing social confidence and promoting a life-long love of sport or physical activity, together with an understanding of the health benefits that participation in sporting and physical activities brings.
It will be the responsibility of the Head teacher & PE Co-ordinator to collectively report back to the Governors on;
- Levels of impact and outcomes of the Sports Premium
- Progress made towards improvements
- Cost effectiveness of provision
An annual ‘Sports Premium Report & Plan’ on how the Primary Sport Premium Funding has been used to improve the uptake and outcomes for PE/sports both within and beyond the school day will be published on the school website. This task will be carried out within the requirements published by the Department for Education.